Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Coconut Blueberry Popsicles

Friday, August 7, 2015

Coconut Blueberry Popsicles

It's the summer and I can't believe I haven't made popsicles yet. I started making popsicles because I wanted something healthy for mini me and I could use the fruit we had in our garden. We've been working really hard on our garden and within the last two years we've had a nice crop of fruits and vegetables. I was feeding the family (and the neighbors) lots of fruits and vegetables for fear of them going bad. My friend suggested I make ice pops. She said it was really easy. Half yogurt or fruit juice and half fruit. I figured I could do that... it wouldn't take that much time. So I ran with it. It took me a minute to figure out how to get it out of the mold but I did it.


It's funny how life is so connected. When I went to make these for my mini me, I must have been a little nostalgic of my life in New York City. One of my favorite things about summer when I lived there was fruit pops. I don't remember the name of the company that made them. It may not even exist anymore for all I know but I loved the coconut fruit bar and so I set out to make my own.

Side Note: These are Coconut Blueberry Pops at the request of my little one. If I had my way it would just be coconut but gotta keep the little one happy. :-)

Coconut Blueberry Popsicles

Ingredients

6 oz of Coconut Yogurt
6 oz of Blueberries
4 oz of Coconut Flakes
4 oz of Coconut Milk


Directions


Mix coconut yogurt, blueberries and coconut flakes together. Stir gently as to not break the the blueberries.

Next add the coconut milk and stir gently. Use a spoon to scoop the mixture into the mold. Leave at least 1/2 inch at the top. It allows the mixture to have room to expanded without making a mess in your freezer. With the molds I have this equals 4 popsicles.


Place the mold in the freezer for at least 5 hours.

Once the pops have set, run the bottom under warm water to loosen the popsicle.

Sit outside and and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment