Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Rosemary & Olive Oil Biscuits

Monday, December 7, 2015

Rosemary & Olive Oil Biscuits

Have you ever had a taste for something? And you've eaten this and that but it just doesn't hit the spot? That's been my issue lately. I've had a rosemary craving. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is what it is. I wanted something with rosemary. For a while I didn't care what it was. I put rosemary on meat. Then I wanted rosemary bread. I decided to indulge in a turkey sandwich on rosemary bread, but it didn't do it for me. Then since the holidays were coming I thought I would try make some southern drop biscuits but with rosemary and oil. That was another fail.


Of course, if at first you don't succeed try again. And so I did. This recipe is very similar to a muffin recipe I make. I was excited when I first took it out of the oven. I was expecting this savory muffin the would be fluffy and fall apart like a perfect muffin would. But first it had to be approved. My excitement was short lived when my husband told me I couldn't call it a muffin. I had gone through all of these failed attempts and I was so sure I had gotten it right this time. I was actually going for more of a muffin texture, that why I added sour cream. But in the end it didn't work out. Oh well, I'll tweak the recipe a bit and see what happens. Despite that, I love this recipe. It tastes great. And so, I'm keeping it.


Rosemary &Olive Oil Biscuits
Makes 6-8 large biscuits

Ingredients

2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary (chopped fine)
1 large egg
1 cup of sour cream
1/3 cup of olive oil
*garnish: course kosher salt

Directions:




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and fresh rosemary thoroughly.

In a second bowl, mix egg, sour cream and olive oil.

Little by little add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.

Mix completely.

Grease muffin pan and fill half way with mixture.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

Once out of the oven sprinkle with some course kosher salt.


Just for kicks, I'm going to slice this baby in half and put a sausage patty with egg and cheese on it. That should be good. How are you going to eat your biscuit?

No comments:

Post a Comment