Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Beurre Blanc Sauce

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Beurre Blanc Sauce

If you've been following me on instagram you know I recently took a knife skills class. I love taking cooking class. Actually, I love taking any class, I'm a nerd. But it's always great to have an opportunity to sharpen skills and get new ideas.


So, I can't remember how the conversation began but Chef Steve mentioned that Beurre Blanc sauce over seared scallops would make a man fall in love with you. It was in that moment that I realized what my husband meant when he said I date my friends. Because though I want my husband to fall in love with me all over again, when Chef Steve mentioned the sauce I thought my girlfriend would really love this dish because she loves sauce.

Yikes, hubby was right I do date my friends. But we will ignore that right now because what is even more right is this dish. Though I would and will try this dish with nice large dry sea scallops, I first tried it with shrimp over polenta. And darn, my arm is tired. Whisking polenta can be tiresome but that's a conversation for another time. Back to the sauce. It's French and it's delicious. How could it not be it has wine and butter.

Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Beurre Blanc Sauce

Makes 5 servings (4 shrimp per person)

Ingredients:
Crab Stuffed Shrimp
20 extra large shrimp (shelled & deveined)
8 ounces of crab meat
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 mayo
1 tablespoons of parsley
1/4 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 celery (diced)
1/4 white onion (diced)
1/4 diced red pepper (diced)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper


Beurre Blanc Sauce
1 large shallot
4 ounces of dry white wine
4 ounces white wine vinegar
4 ounces of heavy cream
½ stick of chilled butter

salt and pepper to taste
squeeze of lemon

Tools: baking sheet, whisk & sauce pan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray baking sheet with oil.

Place crab meat in a bowl.

Dice celery, onion and red pepper and add to crab meat.

Season with salt and pepper.

Slice the top of the shrimp to the middle. Do not cut all the way through.

Salt and pepper shrimp.

Add a tablespoon of crab mix to the top of the shrimp.


Place the shrimp on the baking sheet and tuck the tail of the shrimp underneath.

Bake shrimp in the oven for 30 minutes.

While shrimp is cooking slice the shallot as thin as possible.

Place shallot in saucepan with white wine and vinegar over medium high heat.

Let the mixture to reduce to almost half. This should take 5 to 7 minutes. It will look like syrup.


Once the wine has reduced add the heavy cream, salt and pepper.

Whisk. Whisk and whisk some more.

Slice butter and add a little bit at a time. Whisk, whisk whisk.

Remove from heat. Sauce should be served hot.


Remove shrimp from oven. Use a spoon to gently drizzle beurre blanc sauce over shrimp.

Voila!! A dish to make your friends... I mean man fall in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment