Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Indulgent Brownies

Monday, August 31, 2015

Indulgent Brownies

These brownies are ridiculous. One of my students made a version of this for me in cooking class. I was pregnant at the time and it seemed as if it was her mission to see how much she could feed me. It was sweet, my students wanted to take care of me. So these brownies have a special place in my heart. It's always nice when someone does something just because they think it might make you happy.


The original recipe is just a mixture of cookies and brownies. Since I tend to overdue it, I'm going to add an additional level by adding chocolate chips to the batter which is also made out of chocolate chips. I typically add walnuts to my brownies but I knew I would be giving these away and I was worried about nut allergies. I'm a big fan of using what is already in the house so this recipe is right up my alley. I'm not sure how it happened but there seems to be an over abundance of chocolate and chocolate chips in the house.

Indulgent Brownies

Makes 9 Brownies

Ingredients

12 cup of sugar
2 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoon of milk
12 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
2 eggs (room temperature)
1tsp of vanilla extract
 23 cups of all purpose flour
1tsp of baking soda
12 tsp of salt
12 chocolate chip cookies
1cup of chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x8 inch square pan.

On low heat in a medium saucepan combine sugar, butter and milk until boiling.

Remove mixture from heat and add chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
Let the mixture cool.

While chocolate is cooling, combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.

Add eggs and vanilla to chocolate mixture. Then add flour mixture.

Chop the chocolate chip cookies into small chunks. Place the chopped cookies on the bottom of the greased pan.

Sprinkle chocolate chips into brownie mixture and pour over cookies. Spread mixture evenly in the pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan and let cool for an additional 20 minutes.


Cut into squares  or rectangles and enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment