Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Oven Fried Chicken

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Oven Fried Chicken

Ever go into a kitchen store and come out with a million things? One shopping trip I returned with a silicon healthy mat. Say what? A silicon mat that has portions elevated so hot air can circulate underneath the food. My point... I love new gadgets and dohickeys especially if it makes life easier. Of course, my immediate need comfort food after an arduous week lead me to out my new dohickey to use. Of course, I thought I was handing the new transitions at work well but my cravings for bad food have proven otherwise. So, why fight it?


In the end, I decide to drown my woes in fried chicken. Of course, frying is not really my thing. I hate standing over hot oil and I always get burned. So I was happy to have the mat on hand. I could make fried chicken without standing over a hot stove, getting burned or wasting a bunch of oil. Best of all I could make something bad and feel good about it. Woo hoo!!

Oven Fried Chicken
Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients

2 pounds of chicken
2 tablespoons of adobo seasoning

½cup of flour
1 teaspoon of paprika

½ teaspoon of salt

½ teaspoon of black pepper
vegetable oil spray

Tools: silicon healthy mat
*Note: If you do not have a silicon healthy mat, you can get similar results by placing the chicken on a rack in a baking sheet.



Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place silicon mat ( or wire rack) on a shallow baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil.

Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with adobo seasoning.

In a bowl combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper.

Dredge chicken in flour mixture and place on silicon mat.

Place chicken in oven and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes turn over and bake for another 30 minutes.



It's healthier than it would be if I fried it in a pan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment