Replace El's Kitchen: International Comfort Food: Grilled Cheese w/Bacon & Tomato

Friday, July 24, 2015

Grilled Cheese w/Bacon & Tomato

One go to meal for my mini me is grilled cheese. Just like his momma he loves cheese. There's something extremely satisfying about ooey gooey cheese and buttered bread. Of course, it's for the little one so I also try to make sure I've included healthy fruits and vegetables somewhere in his meals.

Adding tomatoes became the easy option since we have a little garden in the back of the house. I just walk outside and pluck it off the vine. Of course, if you've been reading the blog you've noticed that I have a new obsession with baking bacon. I might get passed it, but for now, I'm subscribing to the mantra "Everything is Better with Bacon."

Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Tomato

Ingredients:
4 Slices of Bread
4 Slices of Cheddar Cheese Slices
4 Slices of Tomato (sliced thin)
4 Slices of Bacon
Softened Butter

Directions:

Start by cooking your bacon. Since I bake my bacon and it takes about 17 minutes that allows the time needed for my butter to soften and for me to slice the tomato.

In a frying pan on medium heat, melt a little butter. Then spread a small amount of butter on the bread. Put the bread in the pan butter side down. After a minute or so the bread will begin to toast in the pan. Once it's browned flip it over. Now you're ready to start building your grilled cheese.

Add one slice of cheese to the bread then your sliced tomatoes.
Next add your bacon and another slice of cheese.
Then place your second slice of bread in the pan buttered side up.
Using a spatula flip the whole sandwich. Then with the spatula press down on the sandwich.
Cook for about 3 minutes. That should allow the bread to brown and the cheese to melt.

*Note: After talking to some of my friends I have some other options I'm going to try.
1. fried green tomatoes.
2. beef bacon...yum

No comments:

Post a Comment